Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Road So Far


I've done something similar to this post so far and this is one of those cathartic things.  I normally don't like to brag, at least not in a way that isn't somewhat comical.


But my decision to move to LA has been one of the hardest in my life.  Not for the reasons you might think.  I'll miss my family and I don't want to belittle that but we're at a point we're all headed different directions.  My brother is in his second year of College, so most of the time he's away.  My dad owns a business in Tennessee, which causes him to travel to and fro.  My sister lives about 30 miles away and we've just gotten to a point it's more common for us to talk through Facebook or text.  I'll miss them.  But that is not the way the decision has been difficult for me.

I'm not quite sure when I made the decision to move, I honestly think when I enrolled I was hoping that was what I'd do.  Surely by the time we got back last year from LA it was done.


But back in February I knew that I wouldn't be facing another Ohio winter.


So then I started saying May, MAY MAY MAY MAY MAY.  That's when I was leaving.  Well why not May. Well I had a lease to contend with, I thought simple enough I'll find a sub-leaser or someone to replace me.  NOPE.  Turns out my rental company doesn't allow that it'd be $1,000 to break the lease.  Not something I exactly wanted to pay but damn it maybe I should.  These are my dreams, my future, my happiness and well being we're talking about.

Then a shit storm it in March.


My identity was stolen, some guy in Bulgaria decided he wanted to use my paypal account to drain my bank account.  Now it was caught and caught extremely fast by me I'd been watching the account for some reason, I think I was waiting for a transaction to go through for the trip.  I got all of my money bank also.  What happened as a direct result and really screwed me over were all the late fees and overdraft fees that were a result of this.  My bank account was sitting at just over $2000 before.  I got that money bank.  I had to pay rent, utilities and I'd charged some things to my bank account.  My rent is 675 my utilities ball parked in around 130.  I had a late fee from everyone and anything I'd charged to the card when the money was taken was given an over draft fee.  When it was all said and done I had $75.

I was crushed.  Completely done.  Not a chance of leaving in May.


That left three months to make back and more to get what I wanted to make for my new start.  But first I had to finish College with less than a month to go my advisor meets with me.  He proclaims that I may not have enough credits to graduate due to some class that may no longer count, though at the beginning of the semester it had.  So for three weeks I'm constantly worried about having to find money to take classes in the summer, or do I get an internship in LA make that count and move out anyway?  How do I handle this if it goes south?  It never got to that point I passed all my classes and as originally thought I graduated.

Crisis adverted anxiety gone.

Uh Uh.

What's one of the most important things a person needs?


Around this time mine chose to fall apart.  The linkages stopped working it rolled across a parking lot.  I took it in and it need a new transmission in addition to the rest.  $1800 worth of repairs.  A month and a half of worrying.

After my monetary issues I decided to take on a second job.  It was supposed to be part time.  It became full time and while I enjoyed the people I worked with after two months and stress on top of stress on top of stress I had to go.

Now lets not forget the nay sayers in all of this.  Those people that don't understand the desire.  They don't understand because they can't seem to believe the sacrifices some people are willing to make for change.


They have to ask are you sure?  Well, huh why would you do that?  What makes you think you can make it?  Don't you think you should wait?

I've made the decision, it's mine to make if you'd like to help kudos if not butt out.  Those people get me the most, it seems as if they're concerned and if they are thanks but why not do something helpful?  Like for instance "Hey do you want me to map it out?" or anything thats constructive.

Now I'm on the living situation.  I was expecting it to be a two person venture, now it's a one.  Not a big deal just another unexpected change.  Still looking for a place but it's 75% Females only 10% Gays Only and 15% must have proof of income.  Where do the people that are just getting started go?  I have friends out their but they all seem full up.  The places they live in are two small or they're already staying with friends of friends.  Every time I get a lead something happens and I get slapped back down.


Further monetary setbacks mean I'm leaving slightly under my intended budget.  Things selling for way under what I had thought.  People owing money promising to pay me just before or after I move.  Other just blatantly lying or ignoring me.

Now this blog isn't meant as a pitty party.  It's motivation.  Look what I've overcome so far.


I endured.  I'm going to LA it's 6 days away.  And I'll do whatever it damn well takes to stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment