Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Decision

So at one Point I was going south looking across the desert hitting up Winslow Arizona and Rosewell.  Then it was north Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and Big Sky Country.  Then I toyed with the idea of looking across the cornfields of Kansas driving over the Rocky Mountains.

I'll still listen to this song though.

The decision is....



I'm taking my alternative route, St. Louis to Denver, The Grand Canyon driving through Las Vegas (unless anyone wants to hook me up with a hotel then I may sleep their) and onwards to Los Angeles.

I'm not an outdoorsy guy, Mt Rushmore would be great to see but I feel like it's probably really not much more than I've seen on various TV Shows and Movies (like I'd get there and my response would be "yup that's it") Yosemite is similar I mean what happens when I arrive and ole faithful has already blown it's load?  Sure I get to drive through one of those big ass trees but I really don't want to invest the time in hiking around the woods alone



And while I assume St. Louis to Denver is likely to be pretty dull, won't the northern route also?  I mean in between the Mississippi and the Rocky Mountains their really doesn't seem to be much of anything to look at because it's all flat and its all farm or dirt.

This route was also chosen purely because of money.  I need it more for LA than for seeing the country.  I've got to find an apartment and as you've already read that search isn't going that hot so far.

As Always Like Click Share















P.S. Someone pointed out the whole Montana thing didn't workout for my favorite Lonesome dove character Gus.


No comments:

Post a Comment