Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 5 The Extreme Push?

So assuming I go see Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone Park I should end up near Panguitch, UT on Day 4.


I'd then drive the 300 Miles to The Grand Canyon.  Guessing 5-6 hours.  I'll get out look over snap a picture or two but that's the last stop of the day.


From there it's on approx another 300 Miles so that I can drive through Vegas 5 hours away.  Depending on how under budget/thrifty I've managed to be I may stop for a bite.  I really want to eat at a finer restaurant and this seems to be the perfect place.  But it all depends on what the budget allows.


From there it's Second star on the right and straight on till morning.  Los Angeles. Approx. another 300 miles and another 5 hours.  A total of 900 miles over the course of 15-18 hours.  I assume a nap will be taken at some point but very minimal.

I expect the gas on this portion to be $130

Expected Gas Cost    $550
Estimated Food Cost $80-$115
Estimated Hotel Cost $200

Estimated Total Cost $830-$865

Like with the alternative version some items can be dropped dramatically.  The base is gas which is pretty much set in stone.  Food could probably cut in half taking it to $50-$60.  Hotels can likely be cut out completely if chosen too.

Total Lowest Budget $600



And then the new Problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment