Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 4 Alternate: Tuba or Not Tuba?


So this is working off the Alternate route theory which sent me straight from St. Louis over the Rockies and in the town of Tuba City, AZ.  In this day I'd make it to L.A. with 10ish hours of drive time and about 630 miles.  Along the way I'd get to see the Grand Canyon


I'd allow about a half an hour here.  I mean it's beautiful but I assume there really isn't all that much to do after you've snapped a few pictures.  I'd leave and make my way towards Vegas.


With no stop in Vegas it's onward to Los Angeles.  It's about 630 miles and I would expect that to come in just under $100 on this final leg of the trip.


Estimated Gas Cost $360
Estimated Food Cost $80-$95
Estimated Hotel Cost $165

Total Estimated Cost $605 - $620


Now some of these cost can be cut.  For instance food could probably be cut in half by packing sandwiches and buying beverages before the trip.  Hotels could be cut out completely by sleeping in my car for 3 Nights.

Total Lowest Budget $410

Then on to new problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment