Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 2

So I'm pretty much banking on stopping in Wentzville at the end of Day 1 and there is no way to make it to Mount Rushmore the next day it's just too far a drive.  Which puts me in Draper, South Dakota.


As of the last Census on Wikipedia it had under 100 people.  Which means they all must own Hotels according to Google Maps Hotels that do not know how to list prices.  I may get to sleep in my car or push the limits of my driving that day.

I'm estimating my gas to cost about $110 on this leg.  And about $80 on the first leg.

Estimated Combined Gas Cost   $200.
Estimated Combined Food Cost $20-45
Estimated Hotel Cost $95


Alternatively,

I could ditch the Northern route and go straight across the Rocky's in the Denver area.  I'm torn I'd like to save money though if I'm sleeping in my car that night then I'm not saving anything this night but I think it also cuts off two more days from the trip I'd miss out on Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone.

Not really my thing though.

Likely I'll still go North unless I feel too short on money when I leave.  It's about change and why not see the country along the way?

Assuming I go to Denver All cost stay relatively the same. But I'd end up cutting 1-2 days off the overall trip.

As always Like Click Share.



No comments:

Post a Comment