Monday, July 21, 2014

We Begin Again

So originally this blog was for me to detail my plans, for the documentary and map out what I believe it takes to move to LA.

Not exactly earth shattering I know (though I've yet to see a doc take it on, blogs a plenty).

Since I set on the course I've had one problem after another, but that's life.  You make plans and hurdles get thrown in your way, I mean if I'd not quit/got fired 6 years ago I'd never have finished up my degree or worked in radio.  So I really shouldn't have been surprised when I graduated and got some delays on The Road Ahead,  I got my identity stolen, Car issues a plenty, and financial worries.  My anxiety issues did not help matters that's for sure.

Now I have 43 days left before I start that engine in Ohio one last time.

I've done my budget a dozen times at least and I now know I'll have more than what I wanted at the on set of this.  I finally have confirmed I'm taking the Mustang (in working order).

Next on the docket is the journey.  I changed the route once, I was told the southern route was a bit dull basically from St. Louis to Roswell it's a bore.  So I thought hey go North, see Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone.  Now I'm kinda second guessing that route.  I mean they'd both be cool but it's spending money that could probably be used better in LA.  Though the other argument is it's a once in a lifetime trip so shouldn't I try and make the most of it?  I mean you plan and plan and plan but there is no Guarantee that more money at the on set means a better success rate.  Honestly I know people that went out to LA with 10k and returned home, they had that money and so they spent it fast assuming it'd always be there.

I'm not that much of a nature guy so I'm not sure what Yellowstone would have to offer me.  I think Old Faithful would be amazing and the huge trees but other than that???  I'm thinking about heading towards the Grand Canyon immediately after Mt. Rushmore, keeping Vegas, and then on to LA.  Perhaps time to plan out a more in depth route with Hotels (or should I just sleep in the car?), figuring out the exact cost.


I also need to baton down the hatches for arrival.  Currently I don't know where I'll be staying the first few days.  So I need to plan that out, which is what I've been dreading the most to this point.  Then the apartment hunt what, where, with who.  All major hurdles ahead.



For the next week or so the blog will focus on the trip each leg (major stops) what I hope to be listening to ideal expenditures.  Of course we can't forget #TBTs though.





















No comments:

Post a Comment