Wednesday, July 23, 2014

September 3rd... Day 1

The day my lease is up, the day I leave the state, the day I go all in and throw the cards on the table.  Maverick style without looking at the outcome of my bet.


So my car (before repairs) was getting 225 a tank (tank being 12 gallons).  I know I'll be able to make it past St. Louis in a day (my house to St. Louis is 8 hours give or take a few minutes)  I'm hoping to make it to Boonville, MO in the first day it's 640 miles away and should take about 10 hours.  I'm not sure how many hours I'll be able to do in the first day

My backup is Wentzville just outside of St. Louis, which should be 8 and a half hours I figure with food stops and a couple gas stops that it may be a little more realistic.  They got a nice looking Motel 6 I can stay in for roughly $50 which would take the days budget to $150 (over budgeting) gas, hotel, food.  And I could probably trim the fat on what I allotted for food I'd eat breakfast at home.  Take a cooler with me that would at the very least be utilized the first day.

Anyone got a cooler?

Not sure how much if any time I'll be spending in St. Louis I've thought about going up in the Arch but don't want to add a huge time suck so I suppose it would be about how busy it is? This is something I could see cutting out all together.  I've seen the Arch and I'm not that big on heights in the first place (I was terrified I'd freak out when I took my first plan ride, though I throughly enjoyed it and often thought of becoming a pilot).

Shame the Applebees tie in to the documentary never happened I may still grab a bite there anyway.

I've got to get a first day list of songs to play I want to try and do no repeats but we'll see.  Also got the hands free radio for phone calls so I may be doing some of those as well.

Day 1 planned out for the most part I'm sure things will as always evolve but this is pretty much what I intend for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment