Thursday, February 27, 2014

HUGE HUGE HUGE Announcment time

So it's not actually that time but I couldn't hold off any longer.  So this blog while therapeutic, and increasingly fun was actually a bit of an after thought to a much grander idea.  You can now start funding that idea.

So I don't even know how the idea crept into my mind.  I was researching how to get to LA, what to do to get ready, the route to take, etc.  I wasn't really having much luck most of the information I saw was conflicting.

Do you need a car?  Some said yes, most of which didn't even know LA had bus service, some said no, again others new of the bus service and still said yes.

How much should you bring with you?  Some said you could do it on $500 and travel money (HA), then the more common numbers were 3k, 5k, and 10k, a lot saying 10k was overkill and most people didn't handle that amount of money right.

Who to contact how to get jobs etc.  All this information was out there and it all conflicts with one another.  Most of it on blogs just like my own nothing substantial and no real facts to back any of it up.  It seemed like guess work.  I want to change that.  I want my trip to be an open book.  To help those just like me prepare for an actual move, proven numbers with a big pass or fail.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2003107781/la-the-road-ahead-a-docu-journal

This is a serious endeavor and the budget is listed.  I feel some of the perks are quite intriguing especially the upper most.  I'm fully serious about doing it and will probably attempt it (thought I fear it'll be sub par if funds aren't achieved)


Kickstarter at first was hesitant and I had to argue my case for approval.  Originally they said 
"Hey,
Thanks for your submission! This sounds like a cool project, but a few quick tips:
I would recommend including a little information about where the funding will go specifically. I would also highly recommend adding video. Videos often make projects more engaging and get people excited about the personality behind what you're doing." 

So I've already had to convince a corporate giant of my sincerity now I have to convince you.  Not only convince you but get you to pony up some of your hard earned money to help me out.

Actually I've convinced two corporate giants.



The project is also on Indiegogo. http://igg.me/at/roadahead/x/6524683  If you donate to one please don't feel it necessary to donate to the other.  I started the second as a safety when Kickstarter turned me down.

Now I'm willing to work for these donations also.  If you need help moving furniture, painting a room, etc. I'll help out anyway I can.

If you have any questions feel free to leave comments, if you know me personally call me up or send me a message on Facebook.  Don't you want to be responsible for help making a movie?

KW

  



No comments:

Post a Comment