Friday, February 28, 2014

Senioritis? I don't think so maybe seniorsyphillis

So when graduating college Senioritis is supposed to be a thing.  I've indeed seen it in action.  You don't want to leave you wish you could stay forever.  Some people even do find reasons to stay, they go to grad school, they get local jobs or they become that guy.


Maybe it's because for the majority of my life I've lived within 40 miles of the campus I attend, maybe like Jason Flood  of Flood you with Knowledge fame. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQTy4fm-Vk
who I worked on with 

Maybe I'm made of different stuff.  I can't wait to get the hell out of dodge.  I've been here 4 years I got my degree why would I want to hang around?  Why wouldn't I want to go try and make money with something I choose to spend an extra 4 years of my life in school for?

Maybe it has something to do with school pride?  I own two Ohio University shirts both obtained for free because of my job, which I'm sure makes me a bad person.  Because you know I assume because I'm on campus wearing a book bag that you can guess what school I attend.  I could care less...


Oops.

So why?  Why do people fear going out, fear beginning their lives?  I can't wait.  I'm so uncertain about what's to come but I know what's happening now and frankly it's not worth trying to save.  

Everyday work gets worse and worse I have no joy going maybe once a month do I have a good work day.  School is uncertain half of my teachers just seem to be phoning it in with unclear assignments.  For instance; I have a class that over the course of the past 6 weeks I've attended 5 times (we're supposed to be meeting twice a week) we were given our first assignment Wednesday.  Another class where we have had an assignment every week but were told attendance would never be taken and no penalties for late papers.  I've yet another class that expects me to film a short film for 10% of the grade (that is a huge amount of work for 10%) and I have a biology test where the highest grade on the midterm was a 47%

So I very much have Seniorsyphilis because I can't wait to get the hell out.



No comments:

Post a Comment