Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I guess a more experienced shopper could have gotten more for your seven cents.”


So at some point last night I sat down and did the numbers.  In order to have $3000 dollars by May14th, which as you know is my hopeful move by date, I'd have to come up with a $1000 dollars and save all my 7cents in between now and then.  So odd jobs? I'll take those.  I find the big problem comes from not making the 1k because then I stay.

$3000 is pretty borderline on enough money to move to LA


But I am completely willing to make that sacrafice, I'm actually not so sure it's a sacrafice.  Because if I stay I'm not sure I'd be able to save all that much either and mental health, blood pressure etc. Kinda demands I find something else to do with my time, that's not even thinking about all the extra time I'll have from not attending classes any longer.  

So what would that second job even be.  It's Athens in the Summer no students so the town pretty much dies off.  I could commute to somewhere else but then I'm going to be spending money on gas not to mention wear and tear.

So how does someone come up with $1000 in 3ish months?  This 1k allows me to break my lease have my travel money and hit my minimum budget.  Why don't I have any extremely rich relatives to borrow from?

I guess I need to get back on my list of Items for sale

Washer Dryer $150each
2 Floor fans $10 each
Bookcase $15
Couch hide-a-bed $100
Computer Desk $55
2 Lamps $5 each
Computer sound system $10
Office Chair $20
Printer $20
Deep Fryer $20
19" TV $30
Microwave $20
Wood Dresser $100
Futon $115

And this brings me to my 51 Samsung.  It's Plasma so in transport it's got to sit upright (because that's a thing) So I'm not sure if it's worth trying to take I know if I move and try to buy a TV later Im not going to get the deal I got on this one and likely would be without awhile.  I also don't know what I'd be able to get out of the big one so would it be worth trying to sell at all?  Would it survive the trip?

Also I have a phone with Flappy Bird on it just saying if you want to drop a grand for it, it's yours.

So thoughts on how to raise funds?  I'm so close I feel like one good idea or selling the right item would make me solid.  Some sort of fund raising idea.



Make sure to check back tonight for the Big Announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment