Thursday, September 4, 2014

Homie Don't Play That part 2 or Last time on #TBT

Well this is part one.

So July of this year, I hadn't quite forgotten the incident of last year but it was in the far back of my mind.  I headed out to the bar, who knows quite why this evening.  I do remember being done we were on our last beer it wasn't even close to closing time.


Suddenly a guy walks up beside me. "Hey, your Kirby, how ya doin!" Hmm the first person I'd run into at the bar who knew who I was. It's understandable I'm a radio guy and go out to a few events but most people just know me by my voice.  I was thinking cool he seemed really glad to see me. "You don't know who I am do you"


"I'm the husband" shit "you're thinking oh shit aren't you"  I was.  Leaving in little over a month I didn't want this.  I finished my beer grabbed my buddy told him it was time to go.  He apparently didn't get my sense of urgency as he stayed inside for a few minutes after I headed out.

The husband followed me out, with the typical trash talking about running away etc.  Well for starters I had said I was done before he showed up.  But I mean yeah he didn't help things and I'm sure it made him feel all so proud.  I also had no ill will towards the guy.  It wasn't a personal diss on him that I flirted with his wife, I hadn't know.  A fact I was still trying to point out when the chest bumping started.  At this point my buddy had come out, his were still inside and telling him to come back in.  I'm not necessarily a small guy but he made me look small, tall and... Not muscular.  He at this point was getting to close for comfort and I could tell he wasn't going to be quicker than me.  He was already leaning on my left arm, so I just extended it giving myself enough space for a right to connect if necessary.

This is not how it would have looked.

For those of you expecting an exciting conclusion it doesn't happen.  I started walking back he stood trash talking.

The End.




I really hope you didn't fall for that.  I get home annoyed adrenaline pumping, I get a text message.  Well I won't be sleeping anytime soon.  It's her.  Really?  Who keeps the number of someone they knew for about a week a year ago.  I mean as the husband when this went down wouldn't you kind of insist on seeing it deleted?

He'd texted her about the evening, so she felt the need to text me.  I was angry, drunk, and full of adrenaline. She picked up right where she left off also, asking if she could come over the next day.


I don't recall what I said but it was sufficient.

The screw it you know it's not the end.  The following week she text me again.  I explained I'd be leaving soon moving to California, and so I wasn't looking for anything permanent (I mean most women would go running away from that) "well I could go with you"


Really!?? like that's psycho.  At this point I tried flat out insulting her.  "You don't have enough money to go on this trip with me" well that was not a deterrent at all, ex-husband, kids, etc be damned.  "Well I'd make sure to earn my keep... any way you can think of"


Wow just wow.  At this point I just started ignoring the texts.

Fast forward a week.


I pulled the baseball bat out of retirement and headed for the fair.  The husband never showed.  She did, I gave her some tickets in the hopes that would get rid of her.  Nope.  She hung around for around an hour trying to get me to go home with her both co-workers stopping her at every turn.  Oh well we've got to do this and I thought we were doing that after work etc.  Finally her Uncle stopped by and got in an argument with her.  I assume cause she was trying to get it on with the guy that revealed to her husband the marriage was kinda shot.  But still it wasn't enough to stop her completely I got another text that night.

That was it and now the solution is so clear I feel like a dumbass.  I'd recently gotten a new phone, the new phone has a spam filter.

Finally peace.  I leave by Friday so unless she does some serious stalking I'm safe forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment