Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 3 NORTH


So for today I'm assuming I do head North, making it to Draper, South Dakota.  Now once I hit the road I'll hit Mount Rushmore two hours after leaving it's about 170 miles from Draper.  I don't really expect this stop to effect drive time because I won't be in the car the normal amount of time it may actually allow me to drive further.  I expect a half hour will be sufficient time for me to enjoy the sight and move on.

They appear to have plenty of room for me to the left of Washington.

Now from Rushmore I head to Yellowstone which has a seasonal restriction on the quickest route, making it the second quickest route and placing Yellowstone just out of my reach.  It also sends me up into Montana.  Which I kind of like cause it'll make me feel like.


670 Miles from Draper and about 11 hours.


I expect gas to check in on this day around $110 this leg and $200 from previous legs.

Estimated Gas Cost $310
Estimated Food Cost $40-75
Estimated Hotel Cost $140

Total estimated Cost $450-$500

Miles to go 1500 approx. 2 - 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment