Saturday, February 22, 2014

The actual road.


Well as I have it mapped out.  This should be the trip of a lifetime right?  I have a route mapped out it's the fastest route with slight deviations.  Athens, Columbus, St. Louis, Roswell, Grand Canyon , Vegas (I swear I am only driving through), and then arriving in L.A. at a yet to be determined friends house. *cough* *cough*  But this is leaving the majority of the midwest a desolate wasteland, sure I thought about driving to Kansas City just to say I got the BBQ.  Colorado to see the mountains.  But they seem kind of out of the way with little payoff.

So lets get interactive.  Where should I stop, and don't you dare say Branson, Missouri I have been there and there is nothing to see.

The Road So Far.

I've projected everything,  I basically know the exact Motel 6's I'm staying at ($36 a night seems pretty decent for not sleeping in a car) I plan to get a decent amount of food to take with me to avoid some stoppages and cash loss.  So the big one is gas, it's looking like it'll be $100 a day (I've done the milage cost analysis like you wouldn't believe), the trip should only take 3 days but I'm going to budget for 4.  $400 for gas another $75 in the event I do make some stops.  I'm thinking $600 for a high budget on the trip with the hopes of spending less.

I keep looking of ideas where to go but keep coming up empty.

Also Audio books?
Road trip tunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment