Sunday, March 2, 2014

Deluxe Son (Los Angeles Neighborhoods)


Apparently this is why I see Deluxe Son evertime I see the word, "Deluxe" I feel embarassed and ashamed.

Moving on.

Last night I got to have a conversation with a friend of mine that moved to California, and then moved back.  I feel like he really misses it but just couldn't get any traction out there.  Half tempted to see if he wants to make a second attempt, but I don't like bringing up my trip around him I feel as if it's kind of teasing him about it.

Through our short discussion about it last night he did ask where I want to live. See while it's called LA it's actually a whole lot of cities that have just grown into each other.  The best way to describe the niches each city has is to really compare them by state.  For instance; Ohio and Michigan talk smack about each other constantly (due to some fooseball nonsense)


They both talk about folks from West Virginia being hillbillies etc. ( Though I mean that really applies to south of Columbus, east of Cincinnati also).  But back to LA its similar. 

This is all from what I've read and not from Personal Experience.

West Hollywood - It appears this is mainly gays.

The Hollywoods (South East West) - Kinda dumpy.

Downtown - Mostly Condos halfway decent these days but kinda a pain in the ass for working in the industry.

South Central - Trying desperately to change it's image but films like End of Watch, Dark Blue, and Street Kings do it no favors.

What I've seen the better area is 

Actually lets scratch my little synopsis based on Second Hand info  (as I'm probably just going to look for the cheapest thing in the safest area I can afford)

Heres a great setup from the LA times about what areas are what.

http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/


I'm looking at Westwood currently but it looks as if it could be a tad expensive.

http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/neighborhood/westwood/

We'll see once I get more firm on May 14th or September 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment