Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spring Break 2013!


Now on to todays important blog.

About a year ago  March 4th to be exact I flew off to LA.  It was a great experience and a bunch of firsts in my life.  This week another group of OU students are out there for the program yet again so I thought I'd dedicate the week to things related to the trip. No plethora of celebrities ( like Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman, Emma Watson or Ellen DeGeneres) , and I think it was better that way.

How to attack this I think I'll raddle off all the firsts, first.
I'd never flown.
Never been West of the Rocky Mountains
Never been more than 300 miles from where I lived without my parents.
Never been in a taxi.
Never been in a city that large.


So the flight I was petrified, I have a fear of heights, I'm not exactly sure why.  I kept assuming I'd get on the plane and just absolutely freak out.  It was wonderful I could almost do that all day everyday.  The little plane we were in was a bit iffy and looked like it might fall apart but I enjoyed them all.

So Lorenzo and I get off the plane and immediately meet up with Andrew and Mike who were also on the trip, we drive from LAX to Burbank where we were staying passing by various wonderments  (Lorenzo has a picture of one)  We pull up the this super luxurious hotel, three minutes later we get back in the cab and go to our actual hotel, which was pretty nice on it's own.

The first day is much of getting settled in adjusting to the time, making sure everyone is arriving.  But that night we're schooled a group of 10-15 alumni join us to just tell us there experiences and let us pick there brains.  It was an amazing experience and I keep in regular contact with many of them, some almost constant.  I can't wait to move out and pick there brain some more I feel like I owe them at least lunch for all the help and support they've provided so far.  The night went on for hour and even after we were kicked out of our conference room we chatted in the hotel bar into the wee hours of the morning.

Then we went to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment